Welcome to another publication of Friendly Friday! Today I want to talk about something I have always wanted to do, but every time I try I seem to fail. The important part is I never give up and I keep on trying.
This tasks seems minimal compared to others I am sure but I have always struggled with planning and organizing. Since a very young age I have been more of a fly by the seat of my pants kind of girl. I’ve never been one for following schedules. When I go on vacation I prefer the untraveled path. I live for that adventure and that thrill. At the same time I know there are certain aspects of life that I can’t really do that in: bills, appointments, family events, etc.
So I am currently operating out of two different planners. One for my finances and one for everything else. Now I am getting ready to add homeschooling and lesson planning to the mix. So I am looking for my ultimate way to take all of that and put it into one. Let me tell you not happening yet! I keep looking and deciding and trying to plan my planning. Instead I just need to sit down and do it!
In addition to my planning struggles I struggle the same when it comes to organization. Hands down if it wasn’t for my daughter Salali I would have the most disorganized house ever. My kitchen will probably implode when she moves out in a couple years. I have zero ability when it comes to making things fit and function together. I see such cute ideas on line but I can never get them to work out. I buy groceries and look at the fridge like these won’t fit, yet she comes in and in five minutes they all fit and in an orderly fashion that makes perfect sense.
So there you have it in a nut shell. I am not a great planner or organizer, but I still continue to try my best. Who knows maybe one day it will click and then again maybe it won’t. Either way it is a great lesson in being persistent and trying your best! Until next time… What’s your confession?
Happy Friday everyone! I hope you have had a week filled with joy and love. In todays publication of Friendly Friday I decided I wanted to share with you the story behind my name.
I have a very unique name and as I child I absolutely hated it, as an adult I couldn’t love it more. My first name is Uteva (pronounced you.tea.va). Most people try to over pronounce it and others won’t even try. So I am probably just as use to going by my last name as anyone else would be to going their first. I went through the majority of my younger year not knowing what it even meant.
So the name was actually the name of a young lady that my mother went to middle school with. She told her that if she ever had a daughter she was going to name her Uteva and so she did. When I became old enough to know the story and the name all I knew was the name was of Native American descent. You could search it and research it and I could never find what it meant. So I always felt a little left out in school when kids talked about the meanings of their names.
Fast forward to the age of sixteen. I went to a science/environmental camp (yes I was some what of a nerd) and one of the presenters was of Native American descent and studied all the different tribes. This was my one chance to maybe find the answer to my question. So after his presentation I went up to him and talked to him. I think he was almost as excited as me to be answering my question. Turns out the name is from the Cherokee tribe and actually mean a”Wonder Spirit”! How awesome is that. I fell in love with my name the day I found out it’s meaning and I have loved it ever since. It was like I was destined to be something wonderful before I even existed.
So I treasure my name and in tradition I actually gave both of my daughters unique Native American names as well. I hope that when they are older if they have children and its a girl they continue on with that as well. Having that unique name just helps solidify that you are one of a kind no matter what and you are you inside and out. To this day I think that is one of the reasons I don’t mind being different or marching to my own drum.
Anyway a short and sweet tid bit about me today. Until next time….What’s Your Confession?
Happy Friday fellow readers! Another week in the book yeah baby! Life is trucking along and I’m alive so that is the most important thing. I can work on all the other things along the way.
This week I thought I would share with you random (although probably useless) facts about me. I want you as your readers to have the opportunity to better understand who I am. As always never be afraid to ask questions, as I am not afraid to answer so here we go:
- My favorite color is turquoise! I own way to many pieces of clothing in this color and usually have to force myself away from it. I find peace and calming in it.
- If I could go anywhere I would go to Croatia! Croatia has been on my bucket list for over ten years. I want to go there and hike and see all the beauty it has to offer.
- My best friend is my husband Tanner! They say you should marry your best friend I did!
- If I could have any wish it would be for peace and understanding in all things I do and that are around me. Kind of cheesy but really that makes me the happiest.
- I personally don’t care for watching TV or movies. There are a handful I watch and most of it centers around cooking. I just find it to be non-stimulating and that’s not for me, but I do have a lazy Sunday every now and then that is movie filled.
- My favorite place to hang out is any coffee shop. I love the ambience a coffee shop offers not to mention they offer my favorite beverage. I am more a less a coffee snob though I have my faves.
- My number one vice (even on Keto) is dark chocolate. I am a sucker for an amazing chocolate bar and the darker the better. I currently have an eye on a couple that haven’t made it to market yet!
- My number one thing I am afraid of is spiders! I hate everything about them, and I’m so afraid of them that I can’t even kill one. I know they serve there purpose but just to creepy crawly for me.
- I have one sister and was an only child for 11 years of my life. She has grown into a wonderful young women and is chasing her dreams. Miss her like crazy though since we don’t live close to each other.
- I’m a super short person..lol. I come in at a towering 5’4” and glad to have a 6’ 3” husband to reach the top shelf for me once in my life.
- My eyes are my favorite trait. They are super dark brown and the capture the every essence of my soul.
- My favorite food is hands down brisket. I could eat brisket 7 days a week since I discovered it.
- My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. The combination of cooking and getting friends and family together make me so happy. I could honestly serve dinner for anyone friend or not I love it that much!
- I was born on July 13th and both my daughters are July babies as well. I love when my birthday hits Friday the 13th it makes it extra spooktacular!
- My favorite number is the number 7. All because I was born on the 7th month at 7:30PM and weighed 7 pounds and 7 ounces.
So there you have it 15 random and crazy facts all about me. I hope you enjoyed and just as a reminder feel free to ask questions.